Bi-Mix, Tri-Mix, and Quad-Mix Penile FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PENILE INJECTIONS
WHAT IS TRIMIX INJECTION?
Trimix Injection is a combination of three injections in a single dose: Phentolamine Mesylate, Papaverine Hydrochloride (with Atropine [QuadMix] or without Atropine) and Prostaglandin E1 for injection.
WHAT DOES TRIMIX INJECTION DO?
This medication is used to treat certain causes of Erectile Dysfunction. It should begin to work within 5-20 minutes, and its effects should last about 1 hour.
WHY IS TRIMIX INJECTION NOT COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE?
Although the three different products are available separately, they are not available in combination in the strengths commonly given in Trimix Injection. This also allows for the convenience of a single injection rather than multiple injections to minimize scar tissue formation.
- Follow the dosage regimen your doctor prescribed. Do not use higher doses than recommended.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours between injections.
- Do not use more than 3 times per week.
- Keep your medication in the light-protective bag provided.
- If the medication becomes cloudy or changes in appearance, throw it away.
Do Not Use This Medication If You Have:
- Hypersensitivity or allergy to any component of this formulation.
- Conditions predisposing you to priapism (a painful erection lasting 4 hours or more): sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia.
- Anatomical deformation of the penis or with penile implants.
- Been told by your physician that sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated.
Possible Side Effects:
- Penile pain
- Injection site bruising
- Prolonged erection
If you experience an erection lasting more than 2 hours apply an ice pack. If your erection does not go away within the next hour, contact your physician or go to the emergency room immediately. If you experience lumps, swelling, tenderness, or curving of the erect penis, contact your physician.
- Store this medication in the refrigerator and it will last 30 days.
- You may also store this medication in the freezer to make it last 3 months. If you store this medication in the freezer, you will need to take the vial out of the freezer and let it thaw completely out on the counter. You should not see any ice in the vial before using.
- If you accidentally leave the vial out for more than 3 days, discard the vial.
We Carry All Three Options Of Bi-Mix, Tri-Mix, and Quad-Mix
Directions for Use:
- Gather the materials you will need and place them on a table near the chair or bed where you will be sitting down: your medication vial, syringes, and alcohol swabs.
- Wash hands with soap and water and then dry.
- Open the alcohol swab and wipe the top of the vial. Allow the top to air dry.
- Remove the syringe from its protective packaging.
- Attach a needle if there is not already one.
- While holding the syringe horizontally, pull the needle cover straight off and put it on the table.
- Draw up an amount of air into the syringe equal to the amount of medication you will be drawing up. Insert the needle straight down into the rubber stopper of the vial and push in the air.
- Turn the bottle and syringe upside down. Draw up the recommended dosage into the syringe. Tap the syringe gently and push the plunger to remove air bubbles.
- Place the bottle and syringe right side up on the table. Gently remove the syringe from the vial and recap the needle.
- Replace the needle with a fresh one.
- You should be sitting upright or slightly reclined when performing the injection. You will be injecting this medication into the corpora cavernosa, the spongy tissue on the sides of the penis.
12. Choose an injection site on the side of the shaft of the penis (shaded area shown in the picture), in the first one-half area closest to the base of the penis. AVOID VISIBLE BLOOD VESSELS.
13. Holding the head of your penis, stretch it lengthwise along your thigh so that you can clearly see the injection site
14. Clean the injection site with a new alcohol swab.
15. Remove the cover from the needle. Position the penis firmly against your thigh to keep it from moving during the injection.
16. Hold the syringe between your thumb and index finger. Using a steady motion, push the needle straight into the selected site until the metal part is almost entirely in the penis.
17. With a steady motion, push down on the plunger so that the entire volume of solution is slowly injected. Grasp the syringe barrel and pull the needle out of your penis.
18. Apply pressure to the injection site with the alcohol swab for about 5 minutes.
19. Place the used syringe in a sharps container for disposal. Do not reuse the syringe.
***Remember: Alternate the side of the penis and vary the injection site with each use
Please keep this and all other medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
For more information call (954)283-7075
This information may not cover all possible uses, directions, side effects, precautions, allergic reactions or drug interactions. Always consult your own practitioner for specific advice concerning your treatment. To consult with a pharmacist, call Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm PST. In an emergency situation, please contact your practitioner or local emergency room.