Do you have a loved one facing thyroid problems? According to VeryWell Health, the frequent reason for Americans to acquire thyroid health problems is autoimmune disease. Nevertheless, their daily dietary intake plays a significant role in managing their thyroid health. Aside from observing the nutritional needs of your loved one, they will also have medication support that can be accessed from a specialty pharmacy in Florida. Overall, here are important nutritional essentials that you can apply to help care for your loved one’s thyroid health:
- Avoid eating processed foods, as they usually contain processed salt which is full of chemicals and processed iodine. Instead, opt for more organic table salt. Here’s a tip – if you can’t pronounce the ingredients in a packed food, it’s most probably a chemical compound.
- Choose plant-based fats over animal-based fats. Prominent examples are olive oil, avocado, and even nuts. If you should ever crave for meat, better opt for fishes such as salmon or tuna as they contain omega-3 fatty acids. These foods can provide you with anti-inflammatory nutrients which are very helpful in strengthening your immune system.
- Reduce or better stay away from processed sugary foods, such as sodas, as these can increase your chances of having inflammation. When a person already has a thyroid illness, their risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes also increases.
- Be mindful of what you eat so you can minimize the unnecessary increase of your weight or your glucose level. As previously mentioned, thyroid problems can easily put a person at risk to type 2 diabetes but being careful with your diet can help lessen this risk.
- Allot time for your body to have a food break especially at nighttime. Ideally, it’s at this time that your body produces the hormones necessary for your bodily functions. One of the glands needed in producing these hormones is the thyroid. Preserve your thyroid health by giving your body some food break of approximately 10-12 hours.
- Take your hormone replacement therapy seriously. If you should ever be prescribed to take synthetic hormone replacement, make sure that you adhere to your doctor’s instructions. While a provider of safe compounding medication services in Pompano Beach Florida can help you with this medication need, your adherence still makes a great difference.
- Undergo food allergy testing to make sure that you’re eating foods that don’t have any allergic reaction. If not, you might accidentally eat foods that bring you allergy, thus, resulting in inflammation, putting your thyroid health at a shaky condition.
Taking care of your thyroid health should not be a one-man show. Get the support and assistance of your family, friends, and other healthcare professionals such as a pharmacy providing compounding services in Florida. If there are dietary requirements that you find important to consult with a dietician, don’t hesitate to seek their help as well.
For any inquiry regarding thyroid medication, ask our friendly pharmacists at Your Health Pharmacy.