Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. Presently, people take or use cannabidiol as a treatment alternative for a variety of symptoms and illnesses. Advocates claim that CBD oil can help with conditions such as chronic pain, epilepsy, anxiety disorders, type 1 diabetes, and even cancer.
In doubt? Your Health Pharmacy, a well-known specialty pharmacy in Florida, takes a look at some of the potential health benefits of CBD oil, based on science.
- CBD oil may relieve chronic pain. Recent studies propose that CBD oil could play a role in relieving chronic pain. For instance, a 2017 study showed that adults who use cannabis or cannabinoids such as CBD are likely to experience a significant decrease in chronic pain symptoms.
- CBD oil for seizures associated with childhood-onset epilepsy. In June 2018, the FDA-approved the use of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) oral solution to treat seizures associated with two rare, severe forms of childhood-onset epilepsy—Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Dravet Syndrome. This is the first ever FDA-approved drug that contains a substance derived from cannabis.
- CBD oil may reduce anxiety. Typically, individuals with chronic anxiety are advised to avoid cannabis due to its THC content that can trigger feelings of paranoia and anxiousness. However, a recent study suggests that CBD may be used as a potential treatment alternative for anxiety disorders. According to this study, CBD may reduce anxiety-related behaviors in individuals with conditions such as general anxiety disorder, PTSD, panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder.
- CBD may protect against or delay the onset of type 1 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes occurs when the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas, causing inflammation. This study shows that CBD may reduce this inflammation. This can protect against or delay the onset of type 1 diabetes.
- CBD oil may reduce cancer symptoms and may have anti-tumor effects. Did you know? The National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society recognize the potential of CBD oil in reducing and slowing the spread of cancer cells. While it is not considered a cure, a number of studies show that it can be valuable in inhibiting the progression of different types of cancer, including colon, prostate, lung, and breast cancer.
What do you think about these potential health benefits of CBD oil? Let us hear your thoughts!
If you are looking for high-quality pharmacy products and safe compounding medication services in Pompano Beach Florida, we are here for you.